Sunday, May 16, 2010

First Week at BMS

14th May 2010, my first day at BMS. I was excited but not scared or something, I was eager to know that on what will I be working? Will it be Application Development/ Website Development.

LoL this photo explains what i was up to :P. I didn't knew anything BUT I WANTED TO GET IN any how :)

And I entered very early in the Office so that i could get familiar with the workplace & mainly with my Co-Workers :) I met some girls who were into J2ME ufffff :P JAvA ;)...

Than I met one fantastic person, Sujay Sir :) Very nice person by nature & a great intellect ;) who asked me to review BMS's products for next two days so that I could decide my area of Work like Windows Appli / Web.

So the on first day I was into Windows Application while on second day i was into Web Application. All i did both the days was Code Review and Some Bug finding (i just love it ;)..) I was not at all aware of MS Visual SourceSafe, BugTrackernet and some other stuff. But thanks to my colleagues at BMS :) Everyone was ready to help! :)

In these two days i met all most all, working in BMS, Pune interacted with them, asked their experience working on BMS products, got some tips :) . And finally i have decided to work on ASP.net!!

I never ever categorised or thought of Tier Architectures, when I developed my Academic Projects. When I observed BMS products, my goodness :) everything was very well organised, neatly placed, the PERFECT CODEs we can say :)

And then I realised 'Where do i stand?, What should i improve?'.

It's been so far so good at BMS :) I must admit BMS has very healthy atmosphere, very helpful & knowledgeable people working in there !

So in the coming week I target to refresh with SQL, ASP.net as much as possible :)


No comments:

Post a Comment