Thursday, July 12, 2012

Start of a new Journey - MBA

I never ever went to any premier school/college, I always had this weird feeling. A guy with average academics and so called 'Non Engineering Graduate' but never wanted to follow a traditional path.

A traditional Indian Educational Path according to me - Pass school with bad or average or descent marks, get into a College with Science stream get done with it then irrespective of whether you like it or not, whether you have that caliber or not Straight away get into an Engineering College - spend time over there and join the labor force!

I hated it, literally!

The company called amdocs, changed my life literally. Almost two years of stint in amdocs -India, taught me many lessons Worst/Bad/Good/Best everything! Met many talented people, saw tiffs between people, received appreciations - more from Clients than my very own manager, learned how to handle different situations/people. In due course I was still facing sarcasm of being a Non Engineering Graduate - but I was in the best phase of my life, I was with amdocs!

I had earlier decided to learn the technicality in IT Industry for couple of years and then go back to B-School to learn management. I was always attracted to Symbiosis International University -Pune, right from my graduation - I applied for their graduation course of Computer Application but got rejected (back in 2007)! So after 5 years I tried again, but this time for something bigger - MBA. Things worked out and I got a call from Symbiosis Center for Information Technology, Pune to join their 2 year long residential course of MBA - IT Business Management. A wonderfully crafted syllabus with a right blend of IT + Management.

Though I was doing well in my job at amdocs but I knew that some or the other day I'll have to quit and join B-School. So left the wonderful company in June 2012, with a hope and a belief to return back with better and bigger responsibility :)

Symbiosis Center for Information Technology - a premier IT Business School, my next two years in this place is definitely going to change me, my perspective of looking at things. I call it a new beginning - where I'll be getting two long years to study, learn, innovate and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gaurav!!

    Thanks for sharing your experience. We would love to share your story on DesiMBA.in . We have a regular feature, where we share experiences of MBA students / Grads with aspirants.

    You can connect with us @thedesimba or guest[at]desimba[dot]in to discuss this further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buckle up dude!..This is gonna be one helluva ride of our lives! :)

    ReplyDelete